Friday, 29 February 2008

Thanks...

I'm sitting here working on Pg. 17 of Tank Girl, and blasting out some nasty GnR...

It's 4 years to the day I had my last conversation with my friend Marty Fucking Emond.

He was in LA, and called me out of the blue. We talked about my recent 2000ad story with Gordon Rennie, of which I was immensely proud to have done... Marty had done 'White Trash' with Gordon, and I felt working with him was a right of passage.

Marty was his typically encouraging self, and enthused about his collaborations with Gordon.

I told him Alan Grant, the 2000ad and Batman writer wanted to work with him again. Marty was surprised and delighted...'Fuck yeah,man...get him to call me...choice!'.

We talked shit for half an hour, and had a silly upbeat conversation.

5 days later he was dead. I never spotted anything was wrong. I never thanked him for all his encouragement.

So... I thought I'd thank a few people... not being morbid...just feeling very lucky and appreciative today.

Thanks to David Tulloch, Simon Morse, and Michele Perry, helping a stupid teenager with a big mouth.

Thanks to my Brother and Sister, who put up with their moody mental brother.

Thanks to Alan Martin and Ashley Wood... for opportunities galore, and their friendship.

Thanks to Garry Leach for always being there when I need him, and always having the appropriate verbal abuse to dispense.

Thanks to all my wonderful friends... you know who you are.... Love you all...

Now back to the drawing board...

Thanks Marty...



Lots of love to you all....

Rufus